- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Latest Sports Items
The NCAA has placed Saint Mary's on four years' probation for "failure to monitor its men's basketball program," reducing scholarships after it says the perennial mid-major power committed several recruiting violations.
The league announced Friday that De Rosario also has been fined an undisclosed amount for the head-butt foul on Philadelphia Union midfielder Danny Cruz in the 60th minute of the preseason match on Feb. 23.
NASCAR driver Michael Annett was released from a hospital Friday following surgery to repair a fractured and dislocated sternum.
Formula One team Caterham has selected American Alexander Rossi and Chinese Ma Qing Hua as its reserve drivers for this season.
The planned renovation of Roland Garros is on hold after a Paris tribunal on Friday sided with local residents who complained the development could harm the environment.
Ryan Giggs signed a 12-month extension to his contract at Manchester United on Friday, taking his Old Trafford career into a 24th year and ensuring the midfielder will continue playing into his 40s.
A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press that Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco has agreed on a new contract with the Baltimore Ravens.
Rafael Nadal beat Leonardo Mayer in straight sets on Thursday to reach the semifinals of the Mexican Open, setting up a meeting with Spanish compatriot Nicolas Almagro.
Manti Te'o is focused on getting faster.