- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Central American leaders: I need help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
Latest Sports Items
New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter could start running on the field in the next couple days for the first time since ankle surgery and still expects to be ready for opening day.
Patrick went out eighth in the qualifying session Sunday and covered the 2½-mile superspeedway in 45.817 seconds, averaging 196.434 mph. She waited about two hours as 37 fellow drivers tried to take her spot. Only four-time Cup champion Jeff Gordon even came close to knocking her off.
For 30 years of options, David Stern's answer came surprisingly quickly.
Green, who appeared to suffer the injury late in Thursday night's victory at the Tampa Bay Lightning, skated just 15 minutes Saturday and was not on the ice for Sunday's morning skate at Madison Square Garden. Asked about a time frame for Green, coach Adam Oates said he didn't know but was hopeful the No. 1 defenseman would miss just the Rangers game.
Michael Jordan turned 50 on Sunday, giving this year's All-Stars a chance to reflect on his illustrious career and how much he still means to the sport.
A day after regaining the No. 1 ranking, Serena Williams defeated Maria Sharapova 6-3, 6-2 Saturday to reach the Qatar Open final. Williams has beaten Sharapova 10 straight times.
If two practices are any indication, Danica Patrick is a solid candidate to win the pole for the Daytona 500.
David Beckham will have to wait at least one more week to make his debut for Paris Saint-Germain because his coach says he needs to get in better shape.
Serena Williams spent most of the past week downplaying the prospect of returning to the top of the rankings. Then it happened and she couldn't hold back the tears.