- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Sports Items
American Irina Falconi followed up her first win at a Grand Slam tournament with a second, upsetting 14th-seeded Dominika Cibulkova on Wednesday to reach the third round of the U.S. Open.
Former Predator Wade Belak, an enforcer who had played with five NHL teams before retiring in March, was found dead Wednesday in Toronto. He was 35.
Andy Roddick held on to avoid a first-round upset at the U.S. Open, beating 96th-ranked Michael Russell 6-2, 6-4, 4-6, 7-5 on Wednesday night.
For Miami coach Al Golden, there is relief. And for the Hurricanes implicated in an extra-benefits scandal, there will be a return to the field this season. The NCAA said Tuesday that quarterback Jacory Harris and 11 other Hurricanes who accepted benefits from former booster Nevin Shapiro may play with some conditions — the first sanctions in a scandal that overshadows the program.
All the intrigue and suspense involved in the Washington Redskins' starting quarterback competition is just too much to be contained in a four-game preseason. This one appears headed to overtime.
There was plenty for Gary Crowton to accomplish in his first offseason at Maryland.
With his club falling further out of playoff contention by the day, Giants general manager Brian Sabean started making sweeping changes Wednesday.
Sixth-seeded Robin Soderling withdrew from the U.S. Open because of illness.
The father of a Frostburg State senior who died after collapsing during football practice would like to see society take a closer look at the sport to find ways to make it safer.