- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
Latest Sports Items
The New England Patriots faltered badly late last season without four veteran leaders who were gone before the opener.
The HBO cameras are rolling in New York, where this season's "Hard Knocks" could make a star out of Jets coach Rex Ryan _ and send parents across the country scurrying for the mute button on the remote control.
France coach Laurent Blanc will quit if France fails to qualify for the 2012 European Championship.
Bobby Wyatt shot a 57 at the Alabama Boys State Junior Championship.
The Washington Capitals have acquired enforcer D.J. King from the St. Louis Blues for prospect Stefan Della Rovere.
Defensive linemen Shaun Rogers and C.J. Mosley will start training camp on the Cleveland Browns' physically unable to perform list.
Nicolas Addlery scored two goals to lead the Puerto Rico Islanders to a 4-1 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy in the preliminary round of the CONCACAF Champions' League on Tuesday night.
The St. Louis Rams have signed second-round draft pick Rodger Saffold, a tackle expected to be a cornerstone of the offensive line for years to come.
The first hiccup of Stephen Strasburg's much-hyped major league career came during a pregame warmup session on the home bullpen mound at Nationals Park.