- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Sports Items
Paraguay soccer player Jose Pedroso received a 27-game ban for attempting to choke a referee during a Chilean second-division match.
Keeping the Texas Rangers in bankruptcy court by delaying the Aug. 4 auction will hurt the team and maybe even cost them slugger Josh Hamilton after this season, Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan told a federal bankruptcy judge Wednesday.
The Minnesota Twins moved struggling right-hander Nick Blackburn into the bullpen, and left-hander Brian Duensing will take his place in the rotation.
Richard Jefferson is returning to the San Antonio Spurs after opting out of his old contract that would have paid him $15 million next season.
Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano will pitch out of the bullpen for Triple-A Iowa on Thursday.
Tiger Woods was all over the leaderboard at the British Open.
Serena Williams is hoping to recover from a right foot injury in time to play at the U.S. Open, the agent for the 13-time Grand Slam singles champion said Tuesday.
Veteran Central Arkansas football coach Clint Conque confessed Tuesday to an "inappropriate relationship" and said he has apologized to his family.
Mandy Fish now has won 80 percent of his first serves this year, giving him the second-best record on the Atlanta Tennis Championships tour.