- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
Latest Sports Items
Red Sox reliever Bobby Jenks is likely to miss the rest of the season and playoffs due to lingering pain in his back.
Maryland was far from perfect Monday night. The same could not be said of its result. The Terrapins, debuting a new coaching staff and an up-tempo offense (and, yes, difficult-to-miss new uniforms) before a packed Byrd Stadium, outlasted Miami 32-24 to collect a solid victory in coach Randy Edsall's debut.
Leadoff hitter Ian Desmond saw three pitches Monday before crushing a 1-2 offering from Los Angeles Dodgers starter Hiroki Kuroda deep into the seats above the visitors bullpen in left field. He was greeted in the Washington Nationals' dugout with high fives and back slaps all around.
If Randy Edsall's first Maryland football team is looking for an early-season slogan, how about this: Hurry up and get dressed.
Novak Djokovic put his hand to his ear to revel in the cheers pouring down from the stands.
The unthinkable suddenly seems possible in Indianapolis opening the season without Peyton Manning.
The Washington Redskins have named Rex Grossman their starting quarterback over John Beck, according to reports by the NFL Network and ESPN.
Indianapolis, you were warned.
Not even cancer surgery can keep former NFL coach Buddy Ryan from being in the stands when his twin sons coach against each other Sunday night in the prime-time opener between the Dallas Cowboys and New York Jets.