- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Sports Items
Fred Couples knocked in a 3-foot birdie putt on the third playoff hole Sunday to defeat John Cook and win the Senior Players Championship for his first major victory on the Champions Tour.
The Pittsburgh Pirates have signed outfielder Jose Tabata to a six-year contract extension.
Christina Kim earned the 10th and final automatic spot on the U.S. Solheim Cup team Sunday and captain Rosie Jones added youngsters Vicky Hurst and Ryann O'Toole to the squad that will face Europe in Ireland late next month.
These Nationals aren't going to win the National League East or being playing in October. September could be a showcase for Stephen Strasburg on the comeback trail from Tommy John surgery.
Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Jose Tabata grew up listening to his father regale him with tales of Hall of Famer Roberto Clemente.
One loss for the Washington Mystics this weekend was excruciating. The second was never in doubt.
The Washington Redskins are 2-0. No team's offense in the entire NFL has averaged more yards per game, and no team's defense has allowed fewer. Is this a dream? Is it fantasy land?
Norm Willey, a former Pro Bowl defensive end with the Philadelphia Eagles, died on Thursday night in Newark, Del. He was 83.
Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor could appeal the five-game suspension levied against him by the NFL should he be chosen in next week's supplemental draft, a decision that would add another layer of complexity to an already unprecedented situation.