- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Sports Items
Shane Lowry got into the Match Play Championship by the slimmest of margins, all because of a birdie putt thousands of miles away from his home in Ireland.
This time, the lights stayed on in the Superdome.
Portland Timbers forward Bright Dike will miss a significant part of the Major League Soccer season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.
There might not be a team in the country as unlucky as Iowa.
Jim Sweeney, who coached Fresno State's football team for 19 seasons and retired with a school-record 144 victories, has died. He was 83.
Markel Starks led the Hoyas with 20 points but it was Porter who took over down the stretch in a 69-63 victory over Rutgers on Saturday.
The Boston Bruins have postponed Saturday night's game against the Tampa Bay Lightning because of the blizzard that dumped more than 2 feet of snow on the area.
No. 14 Butler nearly blew a 17-point lead Saturday, going the last 7½ minutes without a field goal, before holding on for a 59-56 victory.
Adam Oates made a statement when he yanked goaltender Michal Neuvirth after allowing a soft goal Thursday night. Porous goaltending might not be the most detrimental part of the Washington Capitals' start, but it sure isn't helping.