- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Latest Sports Items
On two straight days, in two separate media sessions, Maryland basketball coach Mark Turgeon struck a note of caution.
Two days of marathon labor talks later, NHL owners and players were still working to reach a deal Thursday.
Louisiana Tech's Ryan Allen has won the Ray Guy Award for the second consecutive year.
Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o has won the Walter Camp national player of the year.
Barry Larkin wants to keep baseball's most exclusive club clean.
The Phillies filled their biggest need right before the winter meetings ended, acquiring center fielder Ben Revere from the Minnesota Twins for right-handers Vance Worley and Trevor May on Thursday.
The next set of NHL labor negotiations were expected to get going later Thursday, but internal conversations by the players kept the sides apart by mid-afternoon.
The Los Angeles Angels added starter Joe Blanton and reliever Sean Burnett to their retooled pitching staff. Jeff Keppinger found a new home, as did Eric Chavez.
A win in Dallas on Thanksgiving, another over the New York Giants on "Monday Night Football," and suddenly Robert Griffin III is a national phenomenon — a rookie with the NFL's top-selling jersey, a name politicians love to drop. It can happen quickly, can't it? Almost as quickly as Griffin can run the 40. In his case, just 12 games into his pro career.