- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Latest Sports Items
Two golfers who went to high school 10 minutes apart are separated by a single stroke heading into Sunday at The Neediest Kids Championship.
Big East Commissioner Mike Aresco says he will talk to Navy about the possibility of joining the conference earlier than its scheduled 2015 arrival as a football-only member.
DeAngelo Hall, Trent Williams and their Washington Redskins teammates are looking forward to running out of the tunnel at FedEx Field on Sunday as fans welcome them back with cheers. The Redskins return home with a bit of momentum after last week's road win over Tampa Bay improved their record to 2-2 and moved them into a tie for second place in the NFC East.
Andy Reid stood in the middle of the Eagles' locker room after his team barely survived against the New York Giants last weekend, and apologized.
Terry Francona is getting back with one of his baseball families.
Stephen Strasburg went through the Washington Nationals' workout Saturday afternoon much the way he has every day since Sept. 8. He was a part of it, but on the periphery. He is not on the Nationals' NLDS roster. He will not pitch for them in the playoffs.
NASCAR will not race in Montreal next season after the promoter pulled the plug on the six-year relationship when he couldn't secure a premiere Sprint Cup Series event.
The Catholics vs. Convicts T-shirts, they're likely faded now. No one expects a reprise of the so-called "tussle in the tunnel" this time around. And any sense of venomous back-and-forth dialogue simply has been nonexistent this week.
The Denver Broncos will be without linebacker D.J. Williams until mid-November after the NFL added three games to his suspension Friday.