- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Freak lightning storm kills 1, injures many on California beach
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
Latest Sports Items
As Jim Calhoun stood in his office at Gampel Pavilion, waiting for his final news conference as Connecticut's basketball coach, Pat Calhoun turned to her husband and gave him one final piece of advice.
The Washington Nationals' 2-0 victory over the New York Mets basically was like any other game for all but two of Washington's players — Stephen Strasburg, the phenom whose season was shut down last week, and John Lannan, the one-time rotation stalwart now filling the gap.
Venus Williams hopes to end a healthy and successful summer with another first _ a World Team Tennis championship.
The first hint a change was afoot was early in Navy's preseason camp. Coaches had junior Graham Vickers, penciled in as one of the Midshipmen's starting tackles, head out to practice early and work on snapping with a backup quarterback.
Former U.S. Open champion Juan Martin del Potro will open against Radek Stepanek in the Davis Cup semifinal between Argentina and the Czech Republic.
Kevin Ollie can win as many games, even as many national championships, as his predecessor and former coach did at Connecticut. But he can't transform the program. Jim Calhoun did that already.
In the NFL, lasting impressions have a seven-day shelf life. Seasons can soar and swoon from week to week, careening through the levels of ecstasy to the stages of grief. We know we shouldn't put too much stock into any given Sunday, but we do it anyway.
The English Football Association apologized Thursday to the city of Liverpool and the families of 96 fans who died in the Hillsborough stadium tragedy in 1989, Britain's worst sports disaster.
Ellen Port won the USGA Senior Women's Amateur on Thursday, beating Jane Fitzgerald 4 and 3 on Hershey Country Club's West Course.