- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Latest Sports Items
The Edmonton Oilers have promoted assistant Ralph Krueger to head coach.
U.S. captain Davis Love III selected a pair of longtime friends, Fred Couples and Mike Hulbert, as his assistants for the Ryder Cup. He said Wednesday they will help him choose his two other assistant captains for the Sept. 28-30 matches at Medinah.
Still not pretty to watch, still just as effective.
Chase Utley homered in his first at-bat of the season Wednesday night after the Philadelphia Phillies slugger missed the first 76 games because of a chronic problem in both knees.
The scent of champagne is gone from the Miami Heat locker room. The streets of downtown have been cleaned up from the championship parade. The final team meeting has been held.
The most dangerous time for amateur athletes may not be during the heat of the game or even in rigorous practices. A total of 21 college football players have collapsed and died during conditioning workouts since 2000 — many on the first few days, when even the fittest players are often pushed too hard.
Portugal plays Spain in the first semifinal of the European Championship in Donetsk, Ukraine, Wednesday. Here's the running account of the action and pre-match buildup. All times are local to Poland.
Mardy Fish says he declined interviews after his first-round match at Wimbledon because of a stomach problem related to pain medication he's taking for his right arm _ and not anything related to his heart.
UEFA says Italy's penalty shootout victory over England is likely to record the highest global television audience of any quarterfinal in European Championship history.