- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
Latest Sports Items
A year ago this week, as the 2011 draft approached, I wrote that the Washington Redskins desperately needed to "get lucky." At that point, they'd been down for so long that luck seemed to be their only salvation — or at least the quickest way to restore their tarnished reputation.
Andrew Luck to the Colts at No. 1? Check.
General manager George McPhee and owner Ted Leonsis were all smiles. Taking and giving congratulations in the visiting locker room at TD Garden, there was a palpable sense of relief after the Washington Capitals' 2-1 overtime victory in Game 7.
The Loyola lacrosse program was left with an unpleasant reminder of its standing nationally as it wrapped up its offseason workouts last fall.
Franchise quarterbacks don't fall off trees, Mike Shanahan said earlier this month. He would know after finishing last in the NFC East in his first two seasons as Washington Redskins coach.
Honda will be allowed to make changes to the turbochargers on its IndyCar engines after a three-person panel denied an appeal by Chevrolet.
The Phoenix Coyotes roused a dormant fan base with an energetic season-ending burst that carried into the playoffs.
The pick is in. As expected, the Redskins selected Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III, the 2011 Heisman Trophy winner, with the second pick of the NFL Draft on Thursday.
Have NFL fans seen the last of the Pro Bowl?