- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Sports Items
The Cincinnati Bearcats are making it an Ohio party in the NCAA tournament, giving the Buckeye State four teams in the final 16.
Dale Hunter is an institution in London, Ontario, a city of some 350,000 about 2½ hours from Detroit. It is a result of he and his brother Mark turning the hometown Knights from a laughingstock not too long ago into the New York Yankees of the Canadian Hockey League.
The president of European soccer's ruling body is meeting with Turkey's prime minister amid a match-fixing scandal that has implicated league champion Fenerbahce and caused it to lose its place in the Champions League.
With every game so crucial and two points necessary every time the Washington Capitals step onto the ice, Monday night's performance in Detroit was more of what they should have been playing like for weeks.
In the searing pain of their final moments together, right down to the miserable trudge out of the locker room every basketball team without a net-cutting ceremony to cap its season inevitably takes, it wasn't hard for Georgetown to look back.
Philadelphia second baseman Chase Utley will likely start the season on the disabled list for the second straight year because of problems with both knees.
Peyton Manning wants to play for the Denver Broncos in Act II of his outstanding career.
The Denver Broncos got their Man. Make that Peyton Manning.
Strong safety LaRon Landry departed the Washington Redskins in free agency, as expected. The former cornerstone of the Redskins' secondary signed a one-year, $4 million free agent contract with the New York Jets on Monday