- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Latest Sports Items
Jim Riggleman thinks you'd be surprised. Step into the Washington Nationals dugout, the manager said, and the energy level, effort and positive attitudes would leap out.
The Washington Nationals did so many things right Friday night — Roger Bernadina's highlight-reel, game-saving catch, the timely home run and RBI-hits, the near-perfect relay throw they executed in the 11th inning — that it was almost difficult to believe they were the ones leaving Nationals Park with their second straight loss.
Jorge Posada was a late scratch from the New York Yankees' lineup Saturday night after manager Joe Girardi initially dropped the slumping designated hitter to No. 9 in the order.
At least the slumping Seattle Mariners didn't extend their losing streak.
Manager Manny Acta was eager for the Cleveland Indians to add to the best home record in the majors.
Kevin Durant had trouble sleeping, trying to shake off the worst playoff performance yet in his young NBA career.
Wayne Rooney secured Manchester United's record 19th English title on Saturday, scoring on a penalty kick to salvage a 1-1 draw at Blackburn and overshadow rival Manchester City's first major trophy in 35 years.
Johns Hopkins' NCAA tournament opener did not feature crisp offense in the first half.
Former first-round draft pick Michael Aubrey hit four home runs for the Washington Nationals' Triple-A club Saturday.