- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
- As fighting in Gaza rages on, Kerry battles hapless bumbler perception
- New Englander Scott Brown turns his gaze to the U.S. border crisis
- Toronto’s Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids’ playground for political props
- Sen. Joe Manchin sued by his brother over old loan: report
- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
Latest Sports Items
Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista was not in the lineup for Friday night's game against the New York Yankees because of a sore right ankle.
Tony La Russa is a big rock fan, having hosted members of the Eagles and Journey among others in his office as manager of the St. Louis Cardinals.
The NFL and its players are making progress on a deal to restart pro football and save the 2011 season.
A U.S. bankruptcy trustee objects to the Los Angeles Dodgers' proposed bankruptcy financing, saying the team has not disclosed enough information about its loan arrangement with a hedge fund.
Angels outfielder Vernon Wells is ill and has been scratched from the lineup against the Oakland Athletics.
Former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel was told by the school that he did a poor job of self-reporting NCAA violations years before he failed to tell his bosses that players were selling championship rings and other Buckeyes memorabilia, a cover-up that cost him his job.
Bruton Smith boasted about the largest crowd to attend a NASCAR race this season: More than 100,000 fans filled Kentucky Speedway in its inaugural Sprint Cup Series event.
Former top-20 tennis player Alisa Kleybanova is receiving treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma, a form of cancer.
Oklahoma City Thunder forward Serge Ibaka has been granted Spanish nationality on Friday, clearing the way for him to help Spain defend its European championship this summer.