- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Sports Items
Right wing Dan Sexton has agreed to a two-year contract with the Anaheim Ducks, avoiding an arbitration hearing.
Days after South Korea won the bidding to host the 2018 Winter Olympics, the country's opposition leader says his party would "seriously consider" co-hosting the games with North Korea.
If Americans don't fall in love with soccer after this, well, maybe they never will.
Robinson Cano outslugged Adrian Gonzalez to win the All-Star Home Run Derby that turned into a Yankees-Red Sox showdown, even through his Boston rival made the biggest splash at Chase Field.
An Arizona sheriff known for his crime raids in the Phoenix area says he is calling off his plan to have jail chain gangs pick up trash outside Major League Baseball's All-Star Game.
Philadelphia's Roy Halladay will start for the National League in Tuesday night's All-Star Game against the Los Angeles Angels' Jered Weaver.
'Can I ask you a question about Curt Flood?" Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth, who hasn't been talking much lately, was leaving the clubhouse and en route to wherever he'll spend the All-Star break. But he stopped and looked upward like folks do, as if hard-to-recall facts are written on ceilings.
A special day for South Korea turned out to be even more special for So Yeon Ryu.
Jaroslav Jirik, the first Czech allowed to play in the NHL during the country's communist era, died Monday in a plane crash. He was 71.