- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
- U.N. Human Rights head accuses Israel of war crimes
- CBP Commissioner: Border is ‘more secure and more safe’
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
Latest Sports Items
Nebraska has suspended starting defensive tackle Baker Steinkuhler for the Holiday Bowl because he was ticketed on suspicion of drunken driving.
Scott Boras called Carlos Pena's $10 million, one-year deal with the Chicago Cubs "a pillow contract."
The Big Ten commissioner insists his conference has already sacrificed much for the good of college sports by giving up some access to the Rose Bowl, and he sees no reason why it should give even more to create a football playoff.
Connecticut running back Jordan Todman has been named the Big East's offensive player of the year, while the leader of the Fiesta Bowl-bound Huskies is sharing coach-of-the-year honors.
Longtime Expos and Marlins play-by-play announcer Dave Van Horne has won the Hall of Fame's Ford C. Frick Award for excellence in baseball broadcasting.
Jim Harbaugh is sure Stanford fans will show up for the Orange Bowl.
Two Washington State football players have been charged with felonies and dropped from the team after Pullman police say they discovered 38 marijuana plants in the men's rental home.
A few hours apart, both Chicago teams filled their needs at first base _ Carlos Pena joined the Cubs, Paul Konerko returned to the White Sox.
All the hype this season for No. 1 Auburn has been about quarterback Cam Newton.