- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Latest Sports Items
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison has been fined four times this season for dangerous hits. Now, he thinks an opposing player should be disciplined for supposedly going after him.
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has surpassed Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre on another statistic this NFL season.
Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback Colt McCoy is practicing for the first time since injuring his left ankle on Nov. 21.
New York safety James Ihedigbo will not play Sunday as the Jets play host to the Miami Dolphins (6-6) because of an injured right leg.
Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel left practice Friday with his sore knee, and is listed as questionable for Sunday night's game at Dallas (4-8).
Matt Cassel, the Kansas City quarterback who had an emergency appendectomy two days ago, will be listed as doubtful for this weekend's AFC West showdown game at San Diego.
Mario Lemieux and a team of former Pittsburgh Penguins stars will take on Peter Bondra and past Washington Capitals players at an alumni game the day before the NHL's Winter Classic showcase in Pittsburgh.
The Boston Bruins couldn't trade Tim Thomas over the summer.
The Glendale City Council has scheduled a vote next Tuesday on a new lease for the Phoenix Coyotes, a long-awaited move that could clear the way for sale of the team by the NHL to Chicago businessman Matthew Hulsizer.