- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
Latest Sports Items
First came "The Decision."
Backup Andrew Raycroft made 37 saves, Brandon Segal scored the go-ahead goal midway through the third period, and the Dallas Stars survived a late scare to win their fifth straight, beating the Washington Capitals 2-1 on Thursday night.
Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson limped off the field and into the locker room early in the second quarter of Thursday night's game against the Eagles.
Clinton Portis will turn 30 next year. The Washington Redskins running back was close to quitting two years ago, having lost his "lust" for the game.
The Detroit Lions have put kicker Jason Hanson on injured reserve, ending his season with an injured right knee.
Buffalo Bills starting defensive end Dwan Edwards is done for the season after being placed on injured reserve Thursday because of a hamstring injury.
Adrian Peterson's fumbling was one of the few problems the Minnesota Vikings had last season.
Michael Vick threw for 302 yards and accounted for three touchdowns, rallying the Philadelphia Eagles to a 34-24 victory over the Houston Texans on Thursday night.
The Pittsburgh Steelers checked their tempers for weeks, only to angrily voice their frustration in unison as player after player accused the NFL of targeting them.