- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Sports Items
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini may be interested in acquiring Landon Donovan from Major League Soccer and the Los Angeles Galaxy.
Mike Weir escaped the usual talk about the long home drought in the Canadian Open, fielding questions instead about his sore right arm and historic St. George's Golf and Country Club.
The initial World Cup legacy of staging the first World Cup in Africa is rising ticket prices and an uncertain future for the new stadiums in South Africa.
Aramis Ramirez hit three home runs and drove in seven runs to help Chicago rally to beat the Houston Astros 14-7 on Tuesday night hours after Cubs manager Lou Piniella announced he will retire at the end of the season.
Mandy Fish now has won 80 percent of his first serves this year, giving him the second-best record on the Atlanta Tennis Championships tour.
Serena Williams is hoping to recover from a right foot injury in time to play at the U.S. Open, the agent for the 13-time Grand Slam singles champion said Tuesday.
Ilya Kovalchuk and the New Jersey Devils turned a 32-game test drive into the longest contract in NHL history.
Unlike the NBA's LeBron James, the biggest prize on the NHL free agent market isn't moving.
After all those dirt-kicking, base-tossing tantrums, Lou Piniella is going out with more of a whimper.