- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Springfield Items
Springfield News-Leader, March 2
Springfield activists have submitted petitions seeking to rescind a working arrangement between the city's police department and the Missouri National Guard.
Family and friends remembered 10-year-old Hailey Owens as a vivacious spirit - a trusting little girl whose cheery disposition only deepened the heartbreak after police say she was snatched off a southwest Missouri street and killed by an abductor.
A master's student in the public affairs reporting program at the University of Illinois at Springfield has been hired by The Associated Press to help cover state government in Illinois and the 2014 legislative session.
Two Missouri Southern football players were killed early Friday in an automobile accident that also injured two other students, the university said.
Water utilities across the country are being urged to step up their cybersecurity in the wake of two incidents in which hackers gained access to computer systems that control pumps, pipes and reservoirs.