- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Square Theatre Items
The Broadway revival of the honkey-tonk musical revue "Pump Boys and Dinettes" has taken a detour.
A union representing hundreds of Broadway theater cleaners, porters, elevator operators and bathroom attendants reached a tentative agreement with theater producers to avert a strike, both sides said Monday.
The union representing hundreds of Broadway theater cleaners, porters, elevator operators and bathroom attendants voted Wednesday to authorize its leaders to call a strike if a new contract isn't approved by the end of the month, potentially throwing a wrench into a busy holiday season.
A spot at the Tony Awards telecast didn't help "Godspell." The musical will close by the end of the month.
Theodore Mann, a Tony Award-winning director and producer who championed Eugene O'Neill and was a driving force behind Circle in the Square Theatre and its school, has died. He was 87.
One was waiting tables at a Times Square seafood restaurant. Another was in Disney films and on tour with the Jonas Brothers. A third had performed at Carnegie Hall, but wondered when she'd land theater's biggest prize.