- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
- Joint Chiefs chair Dempsey: Pentagon, VA too slow in merging medical systems
- Sen. Ben Cardin hits Ukraine for crackdown on Kiev protests
- Drone technology turns South, targets feral pigs to kill
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets
- Better pack a lightsaber: House told space explorers could find alien life in 10 years
Latest Sri Lanka Items
An Islamist militant accused in dozens of killings and a 2009 attack on Sri Lanka's cricket team was freed on bail Thursday after 14 years in custody because the Supreme Court decided there is not enough evidence to keep holding him, his lawyer said.
Sri Lanka is preparing for its first census of elephants in the island's forests to help protect the endangered species against the loss of its habitat.
Some of Bollywood's biggest stars gathered in Toronto on Thursday to kick off the 12th International Indian Film Academy weekend _ held for the first time on North American soil.
The teenager's eyes light up when she talks about her dream of traveling to Australia. Nyein Su Wai wants to see the "interesting animals" - koalas and kangaroos - but says she would be happiest about living without the constant fear she endures as a refugee in Malaysia.
The sight of Rory McIlroy burying his head in the crook of his arm on the 13th tee is the lasting memory from his dreadful day at the Masters.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano met with top Indian officials on Thursday as part of a security dialogue to increase cooperation between the two countries in counterterrorism, intelligence sharing and cybersecurity.
former Wall Street titan was convicted Wednesday of making a fortune by coaxing a crew of corporate tipsters into giving him an illegal edge on blockbuster trades in technology and other stocks — what prosecutors called the largest insider trading case ever involving hedge funds.
The illegal sex trade gets most of the headlines about the underground business of human bondage, but the forced-labor racket is a largely untold story of modern slavery in Southeast Asia.