- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - St. Louis Cardinals
Hernandez, the first Venezuela pitcher to start for the All-Stars, is 11-2 with a 2.12 ERA. Wainwright is 12-4 with a 1.83 ERA and three complete games in 19 starts.
Adams homered for the third time in three games — all with his father in attendance — and Matt Holliday also went deep, helping the St. Louis Cardinals to a 5-2 victory and series sweep Sunday over the Washington Nationals.
Zimmermann's 76 pitches were the franchise's lowest total in a complete game since it relocated to Washington in 2005. But he made one big mistake, and Matt Adams drove it over the wall in center to lead Lance Lynn and the St. Louis Cardinals to a 1-0 victory Friday night.
Tim Hudson still refuses to take credit for his quick start to the season.
Madison Bumgarner figured he would need to be at the top of his game Friday night when he went up against Adam Wainwright.
The St. Louis Cardinals recalled prize prospect Oscar Taveras from Triple-A Memphis and plugged him right into the lineup to make his major league debut against the Giants.
Bruce Bochy had plenty of time to ponder this loss. Before two rain delays and after them, too, the San Francisco Giants offense came up empty.
The St. Louis Cardinals announced after Friday night's game with the San Francisco Giants that they have called up top prospect Oscar Taveras from Triple-A Memphis.
Michael Wacha wasted no energy pondering the weather. The St. Louis Cardinals pitcher concentrated on shutting down the opposition, waiting for the big swing that decided the outcome.
The St. Louis Cardinals brought up a hot-hitting minor leaguer Friday, recalling outfielder Randal Grichuk from Triple-A Memphis and optioning outfielder Shane Robinson to their top farm club.
Michael Morse rewarded his manager for giving him a rare day off.
Shelby Miller opened with two scoreless innings. The next two innings were so rough the 23-year-old right-hander wondered if he had been tipping his pitches.
It was news to Hiroki Kuroda that it had been 10 months since he last won on the road.
Lance Lynn threw a five-hit shutout in his first career complete game and the St. Louis Cardinals got home runs from Allen Craig and Matt Holliday in a 6-0 victory over the New York Yankees on Tuesday night.
Pitching in his hometown for the first time, David Phelps had plenty of support off the field. The New York Yankees pitcher could have a little more help between the lines.