- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
St. Louis Cardinals
Latest St. Louis Cardinals Items
Hernandez, the first Venezuela pitcher to start for the All-Stars, is 11-2 with a 2.12 ERA. Wainwright is 12-4 with a 1.83 ERA and three complete games in 19 starts.
Adams homered for the third time in three games — all with his father in attendance — and Matt Holliday also went deep, helping the St. Louis Cardinals to a 5-2 victory and series sweep Sunday over the Washington Nationals.
Zimmermann's 76 pitches were the franchise's lowest total in a complete game since it relocated to Washington in 2005. But he made one big mistake, and Matt Adams drove it over the wall in center to lead Lance Lynn and the St. Louis Cardinals to a 1-0 victory Friday night.
Tim Hudson still refuses to take credit for his quick start to the season.
The St. Louis Cardinals recalled prize prospect Oscar Taveras from Triple-A Memphis and plugged him right into the lineup to make his major league debut against the Giants.
Bruce Bochy had plenty of time to ponder this loss. Before two rain delays and after them, too, the San Francisco Giants offense came up empty.
Michael Wacha wasted no energy pondering the weather. The St. Louis Cardinals pitcher concentrated on shutting down the opposition, waiting for the big swing that decided the outcome.
The St. Louis Cardinals announced after Friday night's game with the San Francisco Giants that they have called up top prospect Oscar Taveras from Triple-A Memphis.
Madison Bumgarner figured he would need to be at the top of his game Friday night when he went up against Adam Wainwright.