- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
St. Louis Cardinals
Latest St. Louis Cardinals Items
Through his wheeling and dealing, Jim Hendry helped the Chicago Cubs reach the playoffs three times as general manager. He also saddled them with big contracts and underachievers to go with a few troublemakers _ and now, he's out of a job.
Jim Thome's pursuit of 600 career home runs has been a rather quiet quest.
St. Louis Cardinals third baseman David Freese took a pitch to the helmet and came away with a mild concussion and an RBI.
Albert Pujols got the 2,000th hit of his career, doubling down the third-base line in the eighth inning of the St. Louis Cardinals' game against the Chicago Cubs on Friday night.
All-Star slugger Lance Berkman is out of the lineup again for the St. Louis Cardinals in the opener of a three-game series against the Chicago Cubs.
When the Toronto Blue Jays rolled out the welcome mat for new outfielder Colby Rasmus on Thursday, they extended it to his father, too.
The St. Louis Cardinals addressed a pitching shortage Wednesday that dates to spring training, acquiring right-hander Edwin Jackson in a three-team trade that cost them starting center fielder Colby Rasmus.
The St. Louis Cardinals, who have faced pitching questions all the way back to spring training, pulled of a three-team trade Wednesday to beef up their rotation with right-hander Edwin Jackson.
Lance Berkman has a sore right shoulder and is not in the St. Louis Cardinals' lineup against the Houston Astros, although manager Tony La Russa expects the outfielder will be back Tuesday.