- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
Standard & Poor
Latest Standard & Poor Items
Low interest rates, relatively narrow credit spreads and persistent investor demand all spurred U.S. corporations to issue more than $1 trillion of rated debt in 2013.
The Dow Jones industrial average on Tuesday surged convincingly past its previous record and landed at an all-time high of 14,253.77, fueled by record corporate profits and the loose money policies of global central banks.
A top oil industry figure warned Tuesday that the country's energy renaissance could be threatened by "punitive" tax policies on oil and gas exploration.
Stocks are dropping again on Wall Street as investors lose hope that Washington will meet a self-imposed deadline for reaching a budget deal by year-end.
Consumer confidence perked up this month while home prices posted their third straight month of gains in the latest signs that the economy continues to slowly but steadily improve.
Standard & Poor’s historic downgrade of the U.S. credit rating is an attempt to bring adult oversight to the political squabbling over out-of-control government spending. But rather than “eating his peas,” President Obama is throwing a tantrum.
NEW YORK (AP) - The three-day weekend probably didn´t bring much relaxation to investors if they stopped at a gas station on the way to the beach or a barbecue.
The love of money doesn't have to be the root of all evil, according to several organizations active in "values investing."