- U.N.: Iran cuts stock closest to nuke-arms grade
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before U.S. appeals court
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
Latest Stanford University Items
Ty Montgomery matched a Stanford school record with five touchdowns, scoring his first four on as many touches to start the game, and the 10th-ranked Cardinal beat Bay Area rival California 63-13 on Saturday while also clinching a spot in the Pac-12 championship game with Oregon's loss.
After taking over as the starter with five games remaining last season, Hogan, a redshirt sophomore, led Stanford to victories over UCLA in the Pac-12 championship game and Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. He won his first 10 starts, has thrown three touchdown passes in a game three times and has won all eight games Stanford has played against a ranked opponent.
Marcus Mariota insists his left knee isn't a concern and that he'll be ready to go Saturday when No. 6 Oregon hosts Utah.
Florida State took firm hold of second place in the BCS standings behind top-ranked Alabama and grabbed the inside track to the national championship game.
Breaking down The Associated Press college football poll after Week 11 of the regular season.
The Pac-12 has been fighting with the SEC for years to be considered the nation's toughest conference. That might finally be the case this season _ though to the Pac-12's detriment.
Some say Martin, a Stanford graduate who went about his business quietly, handled the situation well. But pro football is a macho world, and some players believe Martin should have responded more firmly.
Thomas has turned the ball over four times in each of the Hokies' last two games, a home loss against Duke and a road setback at Boston College. The redshirt senior threw four interceptions against the Blue Devils and two more, along with two fumbles, last week.
In a culture that fosters conflict, Jonathan Martin sought to avoid it.