- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Latest Stanley Items
Already, the NFL is swamped by litigation in federal court from 4,336 former players, at last count, over head injuries sustained during their careers. That includes 33 Pro Football Hall of Famers. It's a problem no public relations assault or rules changes or donation spree has been able to shake. The NHL's turn is here.
A member of the Canadian parliament says the Stanley Cup should be awarded to an amateur team if the NHL labor fight isn't settled in time to save the season.
A great road playoff run has the Los Angeles Kings in a place they haven't been since the Great One was skating in Southern California.
The Phoenix Coyotes roused a dormant fan base with an energetic season-ending burst that carried into the playoffs.
Report: Pepco most hated U.S. company; Gray nominee rejected; fight for control of Virginia Senate taking shape; McDonnell endorses congressional plan to cut spending; District won't meet deadline on national sex-offender registry; District among hottest U.S. cities.
The D.C. Council will hold a confirmation hearing Tuesday on Neil A. Stanley, the nominee to lead the District's juvenile justice agency, after a council committee disapproved the nomination last week.
The Boston Bruins are making their celebratory trip through city streets with hundreds of thousands of fans crowding sidewalks to see them _ and the Stanley Cup _ in a rolling rally honoring the NHL champions.
An escape from the District's juvenile detention facility that involved the brutal beating of a corrections officer has caused labor leaders and city officials to confront issues threatening to derail the confirmation of Mayor Vincent C. Gray's pick to head the city's troubled juvenile justice agency, union officials say.
The big rally is done, and Glenn Beck is manning the Fox News microphones and testing the reach of theblaze.com, his new website.