- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Wyoming gas plant explosion sends entire town fleeing
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Topic - Staples Inc.
) is the world's largest office supply chain store, with over 2,000 stores worldwide in 27 countries. Based in Framingham, Massachusetts, United States, the company has retail stores, serving customers under its original name in Austria, Brazil, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Norway, Portugal, United Kingdom, and the United States, while operating subsidiaries in Argentina as Officenet-Staples, Belgium and Netherlands as Office Centre, Canada as Staples Canada (Bureau En Gros in Quebec), and in Italy as Mondoffice. Staples also does business exclusively with enterprises in several European countries as Staples Advantage. - Source: Wikipedia
Staples has become the second major chain to announce the mass closing of stores this week, providing the latest evidence of how the retail landscape is being remade by shifts in American shopping habits.
Office Depot Inc. said Wednesday it has agreed to buy OfficeMax in an all-stock deal that would transform the office-supply retail sector.
Staples is speeding up the closure of about 15 of its U.S. stores and plans to close 45 stores and some delivery businesses in Europe.
Staples is speeding up the closures of more than a dozen U.S. stores and plans to close 45 stores and some delivery businesses in Europe.
Stocks fluctuated Wednesday after companies gave mixed forecasts about how the fragile economy and rising costs will affect their growth.