- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Starlin Castro
First-time manager Rick Renteria's challenge goes beyond merely trying to bring a winning team to Wrigley Field.
The Chicago Cubs are set to hire San Diego Padres bench coach Rick Renteria as their manager, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on Wednesday.
The Chicago Cubs have viewed Anthony Rizzo as a part of their future since they acquired him.
The Chicago Cubs and shortstop Starlin Castro have agreed to a seven-year contract with a club option for 2020.
Chicago Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro says he is pleased prosecutors have decided not to file charges against him over an alleged sexual assault.
Cook County prosecutors said Friday that they will not file charges against Chicago Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro for criminal sexual assault.
Chicago police are investigating an allegation that Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro sexually assaulted a woman last fall.
The Chicago Cubs have hired Dale Sveum as their new manager, hoping the Milwaukee Brewers hitting coach can help turn around the long-suffering franchise. The Cubs said Sveum would be introduced at a news conference Friday at Wrigley Field.
Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro was held out of the starting lineup Monday night against Atlanta, one night after television cameras caught him not paying attention in the field as a pitch was thrown.
Andre Ethier of the Los Angeles Dodgers has extended his hitting streak to 28 games, putting him halfway toward the record 56-game streak Joe DiMaggio had in 1941.
"I feel happy because I feel like I have him and me for a long time here," Castro said.
It's pretty important to all of us, the city, the organization, to have somebody like that locked up for that long," he said.