- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - State Board Of Education
The superintendent of North Carolina schools is helping to launch a campaign to get books to elementary school students.
The West Virginia Senate has passed legislation to allow Cedar Lakes Conference Center in Ripley to become a for-profit business outside the scope of the State Board of Education.
The State Board of Education has approved Nebraska's first fine arts standards in music, visual, performing and media arts.
Evansville Courier & Press. March 2, 2014.
New University of Idaho President Chuck Staben has only been on the job for four days, and his initial focus is on boosting this fall's enrollment.
Kansas education officials are preparing new regulations aimed at helping school districts hire instructors to meet the growing demand for technical education.
Gov. Sam Brownback remains determined to establish all-day kindergarten in Kansas, despite the apparent hesitancy among legislators to get on board as the session reaches the halfway mark.
Idaho lawmakers were expected to pass a bill Friday that would allow concealed carry permit holders to arm themselves on college and university grounds, despite opposition to the measure from multiple police chiefs and leaders of all eight of the state's public colleges.
A move to break from most other states and create new education standards for Indiana schools has lawmaker approval.
Missouri senators gave initial approval Wednesday to education legislation that seeks to control student departures from struggling schools while providing potential state financial support for the transfers.
Concordia and McPherson school districts were granted innovative status Wednesday, freeing the two rural Kansas districts from state laws as they pursue certain education goals.
Indiana lawmakers have decided not to push back the deadline for the State Board of Education to test new education standards required under pending legislation.
The Hutchinson News, Feb. 22
Missouri education officials are headed to St. Louis for a public hearing on the state's turnaround plan for failing school districts.
Senate Education Committee members are expected this week to continue their discussion of a proposal to expand Kansas laws regarding charter schools.