- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
State Board Of Elections
Latest State Board Of Elections Items
North Carolina's elections board is hiring a longtime FBI agent involved in recent corruption and campaign finance investigations.
A North Carolina voter rights advocacy group is warning against using states' voter lists to establish whether fraud is occurring at the ballot box.
A spokesman for the State Board of Elections says voting is going smoothly with minor delays reported in three counties.
Hours before petitions were delivered to the State Board of Elections, Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan's top attorney filed a lawsuit seeking to stop a term limits ballot measure championed by Republican gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner from being put to voters in November.
A North Carolina House candidate filed a formal complaint Friday alleging the Republican incumbent he's challenging offered him a state job in exchange for pulling out of the race.
The State Board of Elections has opened up a comment period on its decision to revise the deadline for filing campaign finance reports after Gov. Terry McAuliffe's administration asked the board to seek public input on the change.
North Carolina's 2014 campaign season officially began Monday as candidates swarmed election offices in Raleigh and all 100 counties to officially file for races from U.S. Senate to school board and judicial and legislative seats in between.
Electronic filing is becoming a popular way for local candidates in Virginia to submit their year-end campaign finance reports.
Democrat Jennifer Wexton on Tuesday won a three-way special election to represent parts of Loudoun and Fairfax counties in the state Senate, leaving Democrats poised to reclaim control of the chamber they lost two years ago.