- U.S. unemployment falls to 7 percent as 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
- Ex-Secret Service agent seeking Md. seat: Everyone’s a ‘de facto criminal’ now
- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
- Child killed, 4 injured in Idaho elementary school bus crash
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - State High Court
New Jersey can begin issuing marriage licenses to gay couples on Monday, the state high court ruled Friday, as the justices prepare to hear a case on the constitutionality of the state's law banning same-sex unions.
The California Supreme Court on Monday tossed out the death sentence of a man convicted of murdering rock guitarist Dave Navarro's mother and her friend nearly 30 years ago _ a ruling that could affect the cases of Scott Peterson and other death row inmates.