- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
State Highway Administration
Latest State Highway Administration Items
Millions of people in a swath of states along the East Coast and farther west went into a third sweltering day without power Monday after a round of summer storms that killed more than a dozen people.
It's no secret that U.S. Senate candidate George Allen likes to sprinkle in sports metaphors while on the stump. One can hardly blame him: His father and namesake never had a losing season when he coached the then-Los Angeles Rams and Washington Redskins, and his brother Bruce Allen is the Redskins' general manager.
Maryland's State Highway Administration broke state laws by using $11.3 million in funds since 2008 for unapproved purposes and to conceal overspending on projects, according to an government audit.
A man dressed in a flannel shirt and wielding a shotgun and a hammer attacked a vehicle mounted with speed cameras that was parked along the Baltimore-Washington Parkway on Wednesday, causing major traffic delays and a manhunt that continued into the night.
BALTIMORE (AP) — A state-funded study of sinkholes in pockmarked Frederick County won its author a national award for shaking up assumptions about why the earth sometimes collapses.
FREDERICK, Md. — A state road worker died yesterday after being hit by a pickup on an Interstate 70 entry ramp, marking the second time in eight days a roadside worker was killed by a vehicle.