- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
- India top court rules homosexuality is illegal
- Aaron Hernandez, ex-Patriot, on prison life: ‘I’m way less stressed in jail’
- Man pulled from water believed to be disgraced D.C. cop
Latest State Legislature Items
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper hobbled into a news conference Wednesday on crutches after hip surgery, a fitting metaphor for state Democrats following this week's historic recall election.
A Rocky Mountain earthquake in the form of Tuesday's successful recall drives targeting two prominent Democrats who advocate gun control has shifted the state and national political landscape going into the 2014 elections.
DENVER - Another Colorado Democrat has stoked the state's raging gun-control debate by challenging the argument that guns are needed for self-defense.
Advocates of the effort to form a 51st state comprised of rural northern Colorado counties will have to do so without the support of Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper.
Two quite different 21st-century Americas are emerging. The nation is not so much divided by "wars" between the rich and poor, men and women, or white and non-white. Instead, there is the world of reality versus that of triviality.
Colorado's secessionist "51st state" movement gained steam Wednesday as commissioners in an eighth rural county agreed to add the question to their November ballot.
There is a little-known policy of the Department of Defense that allows states and municipalities to tax commercial retail outlets such as Burger King, McDonald's, Subway, et al., on federal property under department control. The outrage is, while the policy forces individual military personnel to pay all applicable state, local sales and meals taxes on federal property to a state and municipality that has no fiduciary responsibility over that property, organized purchase by official use of Basic Purchasing Agreements for the same food is exempt from those taxes through federal eminent domain statutes.
The Texas House on Wednesday passed new abortion limits widely seen as the most restrictive in the nation and, in doing so, guaranteed the state will remain ground zero in the white-hot national debate over life and choice.
Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon vetoed a bill on Friday that would have criminalized the enforcement of some federal gun laws in the state.