- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
State Supreme Court
Latest State Supreme Court Items
A deal that gave Canadian utility Emera a stake in First Wind faces an uncertain future following a state supreme court ruling, the chairman of the Maine Public Utilities Commission said Wednesday.
The state supreme court on Tuesday rejected a Maine Public Utilities Commission decision granting the joint venture between the Canadian utility Emera and renewable energy company First Wind.
Your daily look at late-breaking California news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
The prosecution's toxicology expert testified Tuesday that she doesn't know whether Kerry Kennedy would have realized she was driving erratically after taking a sleeping pill.
The Alaska Supreme Court is looking at the state's legally challenged abortion notification law that applies to minors.
Crimes such as pumping pool water into the ocean and dumping trash on roadsides would be prosecuted better if Hawaii establishes an environmental court, advocates and regulators told state lawmakers Wednesday.
The state supreme court has rejected an appeal by a Maine man convicted of sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl and photographing the abuse.
The longest-serving current justice of the California Supreme Court announced Tuesday that she is retiring.