- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Stats Llc Items
Banished to the bullpen, a two-time Cy Young Award winner has become baseball's most distinguished middle reliever.
Angel Pagan put a charge into his fifth-inning drive but Austin Jackson ran it down in deep center. A lot of room out there in spacious Comerica Park.
You get the feeling the Tigers are never going to get a big hit in this World Series.
After getting 2 1-3 hitless innings of relief from Tim Lincecum, the Giants are handing the ball to closer Sergio Romo in the ninth. He's trying to nail down a 2-0 win over Detroit for a commanding 3-0 lead in the World Series.
Giants starter Ryan Vogelsong was lifted with two outs in the sixth, after 104 pitches and his fourth walk of the game.
That's it. The final score is Giants 2, Tigers 0 for the second consecutive game in this World Series.
Justin Verlander is done after four innings and 98 pitches. He was lifted for a pinch hitter in the top of the fifth with the Tigers trailing the Giants 5-0.
Game 1 of the 2012 World Series is in the books. Pablo Sandoval hit three home runs and the San Francisco Giants cruised to an 8-3 rout of the Detroit Tigers behind Barry Zito and Tim Lincecum.
Justin Verlander took a shutout into the ninth inning and the Detroit Tigers held on to beat the New York Yankees 2-1 Tuesday night for a 3-0 lead in the AL Championship Series.