- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Steny Hoyer Items
Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, Maryland Democrat, said Tuesday that Rep. Paul Ryan's budget could help Democrats take the House later this year.
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D., Fla.) has become a major obstacle to a new bipartisan Iran sanctions measure, according to multiple sources on Capitol Hill and in Florida.
House Democrats would vote for a short-term continuing resolution that also raises the debt ceiling, averting a crisis where America could default on its debt later this month.
House Speaker John A. Boehner and House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer both said Tuesday that a bipartisan group of eight House members are essentially in agreement on comprehensive immigration reform, and Mr. Hoyer said he expects a final agreement to be reached "in the near term."
Key Democratic lawmakers aren't going to stop a Republican-led effort to keep government from shutting down because they agree: Closing down shop is "stupid policy," one congressman said.
Rep. Steny Hoyer and state Delegate Anthony J. O'Donnell are the only 5th District primary candidates with any significant campaign funds, according to year-end financial reports filed with the Federal Election Commission.
House Democratic leaders on Sunday urged embattled Rep. Anthony Weiner to quit because of his sex texting scandal, a request the New York lawmaker has sidestepped in favor of a temporary leave of absence to undergo treatment.
House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said Sunday the U.S. should consider holding military trials for terror suspects in Guantanamo Bay and that American jurors might enjoy the taxpayer-funded trip to Cuba.
House Democrats apologized today for wrestling what appeared to be a winning vote tally away from Republicans last night.