- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Latest Stephan Pastis Items
Some days life is one hilarious, gunpowder-packed cliche. A friend told me he once had a conversation with a daughter's potential suitor while oiling his rifle on the porch. I asked why he wanted to scare the kid like that.
The first page of the most recent collection, "The Saturday Evening Pearls," reminds us of this fact with all the subtlety of a baseball bat to the back of your head.