- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
- Grijalva: Anti-trafficking law ‘line in the sand for many of us’
- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
- U.N. Human Rights head accuses Israel of war crimes
- CBP Commissioner: Border is ‘more secure and more safe’
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
Topic - Stephen Barton
Stephen Barton, who was shot in the face and chest in the July 20 Aurora theater shooting, said "thousands of people are murdered with a gun every single year."
"Not only that, but we have loopholes in our laws that enable that sort of error and we don't do a good job of keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous people," said Mr. Barton. "I really hope we can honor the people we lost today and try to move forward the best we can."