- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Stephen H. Martin
Latest Stephen H. Martin Items
A Republican-run Senate committee swiftly killed legislation Monday that would have made Virginia's mandatory pre-abortion ultrasound exams optional after the committee chairman blocked discussion of the bill.
Former Northern Virginia lawmaker Jeannemarie Devolites Davis will explore a bid for lieutenant governor in 2013, adding another candidate to an already-crowded GOP field.
Virginia legislators are preparing to take on the thorny subject of voter identification laws during the upcoming General Assembly session amid national controversy that includes the Justice Department's rejection of a state law on the matter for the first time in almost 20 years.