- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Stephen J. Farnsworth
Latest Stephen J. Farnsworth Items
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell faces some difficult decisions when it comes time to sign bills passed during this year's General Assembly, including whether to sign or amend a transportation bill that riled conservatives and could further alienate some members of his own party.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley is locked in a standoff with Prince George's County Democrats over appointing a House of Delegates nominee who has a dark past and is already suing to keep control of the seat.