- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Stephen Jay Gould
Latest Stephen Jay Gould Items
Small wonder that New York Yankees pitcher Mariano Rivera grabbed the spotlight at the latest All-Star game. His perfect eighth-inning relief appearance not only helped the American League win the game, it showcased the kind of success story that Americans love.
The modern-day faith in science makes the most fanatical fundamentalist look indifferent by comparison. Ever since Charles Darwin proposed his theory of macroevolution, which even he admitted had scant evidence to support it, the intelligentsia have pushed science as the Final Decider of All Things. If you think this is harmless, see how Alfred C. Kinsey's cooked surveys on sex in the 1940s helped launch and justify the still-disastrous sexual revolution. And look at how junk science is littering Supreme Court opinions.