- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
Topic - Stephen Lumpkins
Stephen Lumpkins was willing to surrender a lot, and do it quickly, to chase a longtime dream.
Stephen Lumpkins plans to return to American University's basketball team after a missing a season while playing minor league baseball.
American's Tony Wroblicky was lounging in his room last June when the news arrived.
Earlier this month, Stephen Lumpkins became the first American University basketball player since 1990 to be drafted into the professional ranks. He just had to trade his basketball shoes for a baseball mitt in order to get there.
Lumpkins said he was happy with his decision and is enjoying his new life in Arizona.
"I was kind of surprised, but at the same time I was excited," Lumpkins said of his jump. "I knew if I was going to do baseball, this was the year."