- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
Topic - Stephen Mindich
The Boston Phoenix, one of New England's oldest alternative weeklies, is shutting down after 47 years because of a long-term decline in advertising revenue.
Mindich said sister publications in Providence, R.I., and Portland, Maine, will remain in business because their local advertising markets sustain them.
"I cannot find the words to express how sad a moment this is for me and I know for you, as well, so I won't try," Publisher Stephen Mindich said in a memo to workers.