- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Latest Stephon Heyer Items
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Marcus Mason's late 1-yard plunge and Byron Westbrook's subsequent fumble recovery for a touchdown may have given the Washington Redskins a 14-6 victory over the Tennessee Titans in their preseason opener last night. Photo Gallery: Redskins vs Titans
No NFL team is truly prepared for losing a key player, especially a Pro Bowl left offensive tackle. You can spend years building line depth and teaching guys to play multiple positions, but you're still going to feel it — right between the eyes — when your quarterback's blindside bodyguard goes down.
BALTIMORE — Insane. That's what Baltimore tight end Todd Heap said about playing football in the 141-degree bowl of M&T Bank Stadium. But the grueling heat was fitting for the Washington Redskins as they learned again yesterday that they still have plenty of work to do to become a better team than they were during their ugly 5-11 season.
A long shot to make the Washington Redskins roster five days ago, Stephon Heyer got the first shot to play in Chris Samuels' vacated left tackle position yesterday afternoon.
SEEN AND HEARD
Maryland tackle Jared Gaither has been declared academically ineligible for the fall, a team spokesman confirmed yesterday.