- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Steve Barnett
Steve Barnett has been flying unmanned aerial systems for more than 30 years — long before the word "drone" started making global headlines. But now, the 65-year-old Army veteran and model-airplane enthusiast finds himself answering new questions as his hobby gets dragged into a white-hot national debate.
What's the real message behind Barack Obama's call in his State of the Union speech for taxpayer-funded "universal" preschool and his trip to a Georgia preschool last Thursday for photo ops?
States are cutting hundreds of millions from their pre-kindergarten budgets, undermining years of working to help young children — particularly poorer kids — get ready for school.
"I just enjoy this. There's so much to learn," he said.
"I take great offense if someone tries to pay me," Mr. Barnett said.