- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Steve Beck
The Military Bowl will match a team from the Atlantic Coast Conference against one from Conference USA and will be played Dec. 27. ESPN will broadcast the afternoon game.
Air Force and Toledo will meet in the Dec. 28 Military Bowl at RFK Stadium, the bowl announced Sunday.
Beck said the bowl game could get a boost from the stadium's Navy ties.
Steve Beck, DC Bowl Committee president and executive director, said the Maryland venue, which includes a decommissioned Navy airplane outside its gates, is the perfect setting to reflect the bowl's mission of supporting the nation's military.