- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Democrats reveal an identity crisis by pretending to be what they're not
Topic - Steve Downie
Claude Giroux and Jakub Voracek each had two goals, and Michael Raffl and Steve Downie also scored to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 6-4 win over the Washington Capitals on Wednesday night.
Claude Giroux has put an early-season slump well behind him.
Tampa Bay's Steve Downie expressed regret. Pittsburgh's Chris Kunitz was remorseful, too.
"I'd be upset if one of our non-fighters got into a fight too. But to Alzy's credit he stepped up and fought and did well," Downie said. "No hard feelings, he's a great guy and that's it."
Downie said he didn't know if Rechlicz's recall — which even required the Caps to sign him to an NHL deal Monday — was a message to him, and he didn't want to talk about a possible fight because it might count as pre-meditation.